EN54-4/A2 Power Supplies
Fire legislation in most European countries states any power supply performing a mandatory function of a fire alarm system must comply with EN54-4/A2. As such, any power supply controlling a beam detector, auto-dial communicator, aspirating smoke detector, auto-open ventilation system or auxiliary sounder system must comply with this standard.
C-TEC’s range of cost-effective, third-party approved EN54-4 switch-mode power supplies include a host of user and installer friendly features. Five versions are available, four 24V models rated at 1.5A (two types), 3A and 5A, and a 12V 2A model which has an optional STU mounting plate for auto-dial applications.
All five versions are certified to EN54-4:1997/A2:2006 by the VdS or LPCB (as indicated) and are therefore fully compliant with all relevant European directives including the EMC, LVD and CPD (Construction Products) directives.
Optional ‘Caged’ and ‘PCB-only’ PSUs with exactly the same electronics as our certified PSUs are also available – please contact our sales desk for details.
C-TEC’s EN54-4/A2 power supply range
|BF360-24 24V 1.5A EN54-4 PSU||BF362-1 24V 1.5A EN54-4 PSU|
|Max. physical battery size: 2 x 12V 3 Ah||Max. physical battery size: 2 x 12V 19 Ah|
|Standard battery charging capacity: 2 Ah to 12 Ah||Standard battery charging capacity: 2.5 Ah to 19 Ah|
|Output option A: 1.3A DC current, 0.2A charge current||Output option A: 1A DC current, 0.5A charge current|
|Output option B: 0.8A DC current, 0.7A charge current||Output option B: 0.5A DC current, 1A charge current|
|Enclosure size (WxHxD): 380 x 235 x 96mm||Enclosure size (WxHxD): 404 x 404 x 110mm|
|Physical attributes: Plastic lid and base||Physical attributes: Metal lid and base|
|BF362-3 24V 3A EN54-4 PSU||BF362-5 24V 5A EN54-4 PSU|
|Max. physical battery size: 2 x 12V 12 Ah||Max. physical battery size: 2 x 12V 18 Ah|
|Standard battery charging capacity: 7 Ah to 12 Ah||Standard battery charging capacity: 7 Ah to 18 Ah|
|Output:2.3A DC current, 0.7A charge current||Output:4A DC current, 1A charge current|
|Enclosure size (WxHxD): 404 x 404 x 110mm||Enclosure size (WxHxD): 404 x 404 x 110mm|
|Physical attributes: Metal lid and base||Physical attributes: Metal lid and base|
|BF360-12 12V 2A EN54-4 PSU||Caged and PCB-Only PSUs|
|Max. physical battery size: 1 x 12V 3 Ah (with STU)||A range of ‘Caged’ and ‘PCB-only’ PSUs including exactly the same electronics as our certified boxed power supplies (with higher charging capacities available to special order)|
|Max. physical battery size: 1 x 12V 7 Ah (no STU)|
|Standard battery charging capacity: 2 Ah to 12 Ah|
|Output output A:1.8A DC current, 0.2A charge current|
|Output output B:1.3A DC current, 0.7A charge current||24V 1.5A, 3A, 5A and 12V 2A versions available|
|Enclosure size (WxHxD): 380 x 235 x 96mm||Ideal for use with OEM equipment|
|Physical attributes: Plastic lid and base|
Key features of C-TEC’s EN54-4 power supply range
- Low current consumption
- Deep discharge battery protection and EN54 compliant reporting of battery impedance faults
- Single-pole volt-free changeover relay that switches for any fault condition
- Three LED indicators – supply present, general fault and auxiliary fault (for optional connection to third-party equipment)
- Link selectable battery charging capacity
- Environmentally-friendly charging circuit – dissipates just 0.35W compared to the industry norm of around 2.55W.
- Optional STU mounting plate (for 12V 2A model only)
- Optional high-temperature output activates when internal box temperature reaches 55oC, for connection to ventilation fans, etc.
- Optional handheld status reader (shows internal temperature, charging voltage and current of connected PSU). Serial data link also provided for third-party OEM equipment
- All boxed versions third-party certified to EN54-4 (1997/A2:2006) by the VdS or LPCB
- Optional ‘PCB’ and ‘caged’ PSUs available with exactly the same electronics as our certified PSUs (PSUs with higher charging capacities also available to special order)