Quantec Addressable Call System
Quantec is a powerful yet easy to use call system that helps ensure vital communication throughout a building. In environments where efficiency is paramount, Quantec delivers, helping save staff time, minimising disturbance and improving the quality of patient, customer and/or employee care.
Recently updated to include a host of new features, the way the system operates can be tailored to suit a care facility’s specific requirements. For example, different day, night and call divert arrangements can be easily accommodated to meet the exact operational needs and precise layout of any building.
This flexibility, coupled with many other advanced features such as multiple call levels, free built-in datalogging, simple system reprogramming and full monitoring of all network devices, makes Quantec the obvious choice for nursing homes, hospitals, health centres and many other private and public sector establishments.
Introducing Quantec’s new dementia care solutions:
Click on the video below for a quick overview of Quantec and its new dementia care solutions, as presented by C-TEC’s Marketing Manager Andy Green at the recent Care Show exhibition in London.
- Multiple call levels – including Standard, Ensuite, Help Required, Emergency, Attack, Presence & Attendance
- Wide range of system components – including programmable call points, ceiling pulls, monitoring points, displays, infrared ceiling receivers, radio receivers, staff attack transmitters and neck pendants (now with User ID), overdoor lights and sounders
- Flexible call routing – Quantec can be tailored to suit a site’s exact operational requirements, whatever they may be
- Call accept – Saves valuable time by preventing more than one member of staff responding to the same call
- Automatic call divert – Transfers any unanswered calls to other areas to ensure they are responded to within a pre-determined time
- Follow-me lights – Illuminates overdoor lights and corridor lights in sequence to visually guide staff to the source of a call
- Staff presence – Helps managers, matrons and carers locate their colleagues by showing where they are working
- Staff attendance – Allows staff entering rooms to log their ‘attendance’ via an infrared call point or ceiling receiver
- Call follower sounders – Informs staff that other calls are waiting by sounding a soft tone in all occupied rooms (optional)
- Night mode – Allows Quantec to work in a totally different way at night, providing for fewer staff and reduced sound levels
- Infrared staff protection – Quantec’s optional infrared security transmitters can help protect staff against disturbed patients, intruders and aggressive visitors
- ‘Surveyor’ data analysis software – Allows managers to output custom reports on longest calls, busiest shifts, most visited rooms, etc., to a desktop PC
- Optional paging facilities – Optional alphanumeric and tone-only paging facilities available for carers on the move (DECT telephone capability also available)
- Device monitoring – Quantec constantly supervises all network devices and informs you of any problems, reducing maintenance time and costs
- Laptop programmable system controller – Allows Quantec to adapt to your changing requirements with no expensive rewiring, no mess and no fuss
- Easy to install & expand -Quantec’s ‘two wire’ data transfer system makes it ideal for new and established sites where existing wiring can often be utilised
- Universal programming devices – Allows optional third-party switch assemblies to be interfaced to Quantec for optional compliance with HTM 08-03
- Tried, trusted & respected – From large NHS trusts to renowned nursing home groups, Quantec is specified by some of the UK’s most prestigious care providers
Sites currently benefitting from the Quantec Addressable Call System include (click pictures for details):
|Todmorden House (Health Centre)
Literature & Instructions:
Easy to use
From the moment Quantec is up-and-running, you will begin to reap the benefits of the most advanced, versatile and affordable call system on the market. Quantec’s easy-to-read backlit displays show the precise location of all relevant incoming calls and indicate their presence via a gentle unobtrusive alarm tone. Should you visit a room only to find additional assistance is required, simply reach across to the nearest call point to make a ‘help required’ or ‘emergency’ call. Quantec will prioritise your call, show it on all relevant displays and indicate its higher priority with a more urgent alarm tone easily recognisable by fellow staff.
Clear & concise
To say Quantec is easy to use is an understatement. Despite its many features, it is one of the easiest to use call systems ever manufactured. Calls can be made from a variety of devices including tail call leads, ceiling pulls and pressure pads, each designed to suit different levels of patient dexterity. Once triggered, calls are reset at the room from which they were made via a button or magnetic reset key. A confidence light on the bedhead reassures patients that calls have been registered, and for those prone to wander, door monitoring points and portable movement detectors can provide added protection.
A priceless asset
Quantec’s unparalleled reliability and feature-rich devices will combine to make your premises more cost-efficient and allow you to provide the highest standards of modern patient care. The system exceeds current registration requirements in all areas with features such as staff presence, call accept and automatic call divert all provided as standard. From large NHS trusts to renowned nursing home groups, Quantec is specified by some of the UK’s most prestigious care providers, all of whom are benefitting from the UK’s most versatile call system.
For people working in the care industry, the threat of personal attack is all too real. The problem is: how do you safeguard against the risks? Enter Responder, Quantec’s optional staff protection facility which allows workers to highlight exactly where an attack is taking place within seconds. All at risk staff carry a special rechargeable transmitter which they attach to their clothing. Should an attack take place, they simply activate the transmitter to fill the area with infrared and radio signals. These signals are picked up by a special receiver which instantly informs Quantec that an attack is taking place. An urgent, piercing alarm is then sounded throughout the building and the exact location of the incident is shown on all displays for the swift response of security staff.
Quantec’s powerful new data management software allows detailed data analysis reports to be sent direct to your PC’s desktop. In addition to displaying ‘real-time’ call, reset and room occupancy information, Surveyor allows you to produce reports on criteria such as longest calls, most frequently visited rooms, busiest shifts and the average time taken to answer a call for any given period within the last six months and to view them in text and/or graphical form. Surveyor gives management tighter control of their care facility and is an invaluable tool for evaluating staff performance, reviewing patient demands and determining labour levels/shift patterns.
Need a call system that complies with HTM-08-03? Got a third-party stainless steel switch assembly you’d like to connect to Quantec? Want to tailor the way a Quantec Responder transmitter works to meet your exact operational requirements? Our new Quantec Configurator allows you to do all of this and more. With its powerful Windows-based PC software and wide range of universal programming devices (available separately), our new Quantec Configurator tool effectively turns Quantec into one of the most adaptable call systems in the world. Now virtually any third-party annunciator, sounder or indicator can be added to Quantec with ease.